Friday, September 4, 2020

The Seriousness of Life, and others. Originally posted in 2007 or so. (Updated in 2020)

Once upon a time, there was a banana.  This banana was a world traveler who especially liked going to Bimini.  (Don't ask, it's fiction, bananas can have personality and the like)
This banana, realized, that it probably shouldn't be traveling as much, as it could end up being classified as a terrorist so it decided to stay in bimini, take up skateboarding as a hobby and sell non-fruity drinks.
(My eye keeps twitching and it won't stop.  Damn my eye!)
The coconut began to think, and when it did it vanished in a cloud of illogic, as coconuts aren't allowed to think. The lime arrived 2 hours too late.

This story is dedicated to everyone, for no reason other than i just fucking felt like it. (what does IT feel like anyways?  Can you see it?  Feel it?  Hear it today?  If you can't than it doesn't matter anyway. At leasy Mike Patton says so.)
~~

I was thinking today about the people in my life.  There are many different kinds of people, and they each fill a different aspect of my wild and varied (and slightly off) personality.
There are some whom i consider family, people whom i'm close to, yet some are still very far away.  Some of these include my many wonderful internet friends, people who i've never met in person, but know that when i do finally meet them there won't be any strange awkwardness or false shyness.  Just the love that has been expressed via electronic communications and phone calls.
There are others who seem to keep me young, even when i'm feeling very old.  Those who remind me of who i used to be when i was younger, and bring out those aspects of me.  Those people i cherish, and even though there was a disconnect for a time, we seem to have picked our friendship back up, right where it left off.
There are some who i have some things in common with, like parenting, who i can go to for empathy, sympathy and commiseration.  It's nice to know that i'm truly not alone in the frustrations and joys of life experiences.
There are new friends, who i don't see much, but still fill an essential role in helping me express myself, or at least some aspect of myself.  Usually one that i keep in hiding and only bring out for special occasions.
There are my close friends, who i know i can turn to when i'm lost. And when i'm not.  There are very few people whom i feel like i can just be and not have to worry about reigning myself in.  Or watching what i say.  I love these people, more than they will ever know.
I speak of loving people often.  I find that people are not told that they are loved and appreciated enough.  I love everyone in my life, each in their own individual way.  I try to give as much as i receive, and even though sometimes it is fairly subtle, it's there.
There are people whom i miss dearly, and have left a hole in me which i can never fill.  These people need to know they are still loved, with as much intensity as there was when we were close friends, even though for various reasons, we can't be together, even as friends.  It hurts, but i will always treasure the memories that we made.
So if you are reading this, and recognize yourself in any of my descriptions, or know you are in there somewhere, even if you can't place it, know that you are loved, appreciated and needed.  And no matter how long it's been since we've talked, for whatever reason, know that you make me smile when i think of you.  Even if i just talked to you 10 minutes ago. Or 10 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment